Aug 4, 2013

Chocolate Cake Using Bundt Pan



Alhamdulillah...today is 27 days of Ramadan and only last saturday I have a chance breaking fast with my best friends since age 7 (primary school). Since 2 of them celebrated their birthday in July so I decided to bake a chocolate cake.  I used my new Bundt pan that I bought a month ago. The pan is round with a hole in the middle and ridged.

Wilton Bundt Pan
Honestly, I never bake using this pan. Through my reading, somehow the intricate shape of the Bundt pan can cause some minor problems when you try to turn the pan upside down after baking the cake. To avoid it happen, I have coated the pan with a thin layer of oil and dust it with a little flour afterwards. Alhamdulillah, it turns out beautiful.



Another tip is when pouring the batter, make slow movements so that no air bubbles should be trapped inside and all the crevices of the shape will be filled for a consistent structure of the cake. Only three quarters of the Bundt pan should be filled so that there is plenty of space left for the batter to rise.



You can decorate the cake with any frosting you like and of course I choose chocolate garnish. Decorate with some fruits like strawberries, blueberries or cherries will make it prettier and outstanding.  Since I have extra salted caramel, I pour it a little bit on top so we can have a combination of sweet, creamy and salty flavors….wallaa!! 
Chocolate Moist With Berries And Salted Caramel



No comments:

Post a Comment